Posted 9/3/19: The following information was shared at the Emergency Town of Edisto Beach Council meeting the morning of September 2.
- A checkpoint will be set up at noon today at the Edistonian. After 6:00 p.m. anyone coming on to Edisto Beach needs to provide identification showing they have property on Edisto Beach or Edisto Island.
- A curfew is now in place at Edisto Beach from 8:00 p.m. through 6:00 a.m.
- On Wednesday at 8:00 a.m., sewer and water services will be shut off for Edisto Beach.
- When the winds reach 45 mph, emergency services will not be available.
- Currently, it is predicted we will have 6 – 12” of rain, and that winds may reach 90 mph (a category of 2 or 3) with a storm surge of 4 – 6’.
- Re-entry will require proof of ownership at Edisto Beach and occur at a time to be determined depending on storm damage.
- Bi Lo will be open this afternoon and Tuesday until possibly as late as 6:00 p.m. They may close earlier to allow their employees to get home.
- The Town will post updates daily at 5:00 p.m. daily. Information can also be accessed by going to the Town website www.townofedistobeach.com or the Town of Edisto Beach Facebook page.
For all questions, contact Town Hall at (843) 869-2505.