Posted 7/5/19: Please note that the Town of Edisto Beach has new regulations regarding the pickup of yard trash effective July 2, 2019. See below for the details:
Sec. 66-43. – Residential containers, storage and requirements.
No containers other than authorized residential containers shall be used to store garbage or refuse, except for yard waste bags or other containers for purposes of collecting yard waste, for public collection within the town. Lids or covers of such containers shall be kept tightly closed and watertight at all times other than when refuse is being deposited therein or removed therefrom. Refuse may be stored for collection in the following manner:
(1) Garbage and household trash shall be stored in authorized residential containers.
(2) Yard trash shall be placed in neat piles at curbside adjacent to owner’s property or at the property line nearest the street with the following limitations:
a. Materials are not to be placed on an adjoining lot whether vacant or otherwise.
b. Leaves, pine straw, pampas and grass clippings, small shrubbery clippings, etc., must be placed in yard waste bags or other containers. Such loose material placed at the curb, not in a yard waste bag or other container, will not be collected.
c. Brush, limbs, and shrubbery trimmings that are not containerized must be neatly stacked and bundled together in a consistent manner and bound by string or twine. Each bundle shall:
- Not contain any brush, limbs, or shrubbery trimmings greater than six inches in diameter.
- Not contain any brush, limbs, or shrubbery trimmings greater than five feet in length with all small limbs trimmed from larger limbs.
- Weigh no more than 30 pounds each.
d. No garbage or construction debris (building materials) may be mixed with yard trash. Such mixtures will not be picked up.
(3) Appliances and certain other household items such as stoves, refrigerators, water tanks, washing machines, furniture, bedding, and air conditioners, shall be removed by the town or its authorized contractor provided that such items are placed at curbside for such collection.